1.12.2012

The Sconces

The before and after pictures of our sconces have been a long time coming. It seems that when I go to grab the camera to snap some pictures I get distracted and end up playing with the Tangled Tower or some other miniature character. Nonetheless I think that these lights were one of my favorite projects from last year. And maybe it is because it happened by accident. We had purchased two chandeliers from a sweet lady and she said she would throw in the sconces for free. Once I saw them and thought about it I had a really fun place for them. And because my handy man Mike is so handy he rewired everything so they really worked! This was no easy task as he spent quite a bit of time up in the attic crawling through beams with a head lamp. Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have you seen the new leather bound classics at Barnes and Noble? Oh goodness they are so wonderful! I picked up a set for my Mom for Christmas and showed them to Mike. On Christmas Eve we watched her open them and had fun examining each book and talking about all of the intricate details. Little did I know that I had a set waiting for me at home under the tree. Thanks to my sweetie I now have a set of my own and I adore them and will always treasure them and hope to continue to add to our collection.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

I have some 2012 projects which includes changing up a few things in our master bedroom. There are some bare walls and it has never felt quite complete to me. It is a bit of a funny shape so I have to make all sorts of considerations in my planning.

Happy Thursday.


7 comments:

Sarah Yoder said...

The sconces look great! Always love reading what you are up to!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

The sconces are beautiful!! I love everything and can't wait to see what you are up to :)

Lou Cinda

NanaDiana said...

Hi Melanie! I love your sconces and they look great all repainted. I love the old classics, too. I have several of them that I bought there a few years ago and now I should go and add a few more to my collection. Your hubby did good, huh?

I couldn't get into your blog for several weeks and now today I clicked on it and got right in. I have a love/hate relatioship with my computer. xo Diana

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

The sconces are beautiful, and someday I hope you share your secret for the beautiful distressed finish you create on metal!
Glad you got your own set of those beautiful books...I've admired them as well.

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

They turned out so pretty!
Connie

michelle said...

Hi Melanie! I hope you are doing well, I am so sorry it has been so long. I love your sconces and those books are beautiful, what a good hubby. :)
I can't wait to see what you have going on this year and I hope that this year brings you much love and many blessings dear friend.
xoxo

So Sunny Day said...

The sconces look fantastic!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Related Posts with Thumbnails