4.10.2010

The Arianna Hutch - Before & After

Dimensions:
47.5" Wide . 70" Tall . 17" Deep
Before
After
This hutch is ever so slightly grey. I have placed a white chair that we recently refinished beside it to display the contrast. I love this hutch because it is quite simple with its straight lines and it reminds me of an old library hutch. I love the slight dental detail at the top and the curve of the frame against the glass.
We replaced the hardware with a black to accentuate the slightly grey paint color.
The bottom cabinet has a shelf for extra storage. These types of hutches can be used in so many places in a home. They are a wonderful greeting piece in an entry way. They provide for tons of storage in a bathroom or they are a great place to display pictures, books and clocks in a bedroom or family sitting area. And then it can also be used in a more conventional way which is in a dining area displaying beautiful china and kitchenware.I am back. I enjoyed a wonderful very busy hectic "vacation" with family in Southern California. Quite honestly I did not know if I was going to even make it out there due to a horrible snow storm that delayed our flight. Our flight was delayed a couple of hours and one hour of that was sitting on the plane waiting for take off. The gentleman sitting behind me looked just like the lead actor in the television show "Bones". I did not think much of it especially when he started telling the flight attendant he was claustrophobic and I could see he was having an anxiety attack. He traded my sister places and so I proceeded to tell him he looked like a guy on t.v. He said - yeah that is me. They finally made room for him up in first class - thank heavens because one of the next throw ups came in the aisle right next to his previous seat. Oh can you even believe it! My other sister was battling her two year old who was having a major major melt down! Screaming her head off. I asked the flight attendant if I could get off the flight but my sister said - let's just get through it. Believe me I could see it on the face of everyone around just "willing" us to leave. We were quite a spectacle. Well after two more throw ups and arriving at our hotel at 4:00 am we made it. Despite the baby meltdowns and a touch of the flu we had a great time.

And while I was gone Mike enjoyed the flu as well but was able to complete this hutch as well as a white dining set that I will be posting shortly. I just love it! The chair pictured above is a sneak peak!

I linked to:

25 comments:

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

I love this, I'd love to know how much you paid for it and how much you sold it for, very inspiring and beautiful!

Amanda at 32˙North said...

What a major improvement! Really looks good!

Amanda

Faded Charm said...

Great transformation. It amazing what some white paint can do for a cupboard.

Thanks for sharing.

Kathleen

Jeannie B. said...

well, I love the look of wood so don't usually like paint over a nice wood. But I looove your white hutch and it is improved with the paint. It looks so fresh and happy.

Jenn said...

Saw your post at Coastal Charm - it's amazing what paint can do to help modernize furniture. Makes you look twice!

Diane said...

That is a great before and after. Turned out great. Thank goodness for paint!

Unknown said...

Its so pretty now! Thanks for helping us have a great Tuesday at Anything Related! ~Bridgette

Ela@NewFamilyOnTheBlock.com said...

Would love it if you would join me for my 2nd linky party tonight!!

http://lifeinmypjs.blogspot.com/2010/06/pajama-party-2.html

~Ela

liz@alittlepeaceofhome said...

that looks fabulous! you did a great job! so glad i found you over at shabby chic's party today

Between You and Me said...

Love it....I'm sure your business is booming! You do a great job!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I am traveling over from Transformation Thursday! Turned out very nice. Laura from Decor to Adore had one she just did like this, too. I just think they are stunning with the different color inside. Great job!

Anonymous said...

This is a great Redo. im sure it took alot of time and effort but it turned out so nice and wonderful!

Come link up at 6 inches of ribbons link party.
www.ashleyrussell726.blogspot.com
-ashley

chris said...

Wow. I am impressed. I love how you take something and give it a whole new life.

Sara Neufeld said...

white paint is the best. it looks so great!

René said...

Very pretty. I have been doing some white and blue combos myself.

-Rene

Emily @ Finding My Aloha said...

What a difference a little love and a can of paint make! Great job!

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

That looks great!!! I LOVE the white!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

That white and blue look amazing together! You did such a great job! I love how it turned out.

vignette design said...

Wow, your hutch looks amazing! What a difference.

Cass @ That Old House said...

The cupboard is just lovely! Nice job of renewing an old piece.

Loved the story of your flight -- my days of traveling with little ones is long gone -- my 20-somethings jet all over the world on their own now, thank goodness -- but it is always an adventure.

Glad you are feeling well again!
Cass

Unknown said...

What a transformation! I LOVE IT!

It's amazing how so many of these cast-off pieces of furniture can enjoy a whole new life re-done for today's home and style.

So glad I stopped by Cindy's Show and Tell to find your blog today. I can't wait to browse through more.

Cori
Starview Sonnet

Decor To Adore said...

Happy Friday! I am stopping by via the linky party.

Your hutch looks utterly charming!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

A little bit of white and she is looking GREAT! Come by and enter my COASTAL GIVEAWAY...I think you will like it!

Blessings,
Linda

Its So Very Cheri said...

That looks great. Thank for posting to my party. I hope you have a great week.

Cheri

Barbara said...

Love the transformation. No matter how many pieces of furniture I paint white, I am still amazed at the transformation. I have a little wood side table, a faux wood storage cabinet, a couple of wicker baskets and a black metal and wood inserts (similar to this: TABLE) that are getting the ole white spray jobs today. Can't wait.

Everyone - If you have a moment, please stop by my blog and give me your opinion on a couple of items up for a local auction on Tuesday-Link: AUCTION COUCH Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails