My little girl's room has been a "project" since last summer when she moved into her big girl bed. And projects that go on this long just about drive me crazy! I have two of my grandmother's night tables that you can see a glimpse of in the mirror below. They were just not working in this room but I know exactly where I want them now. So here is where I am with this room . . .
I searched and searched for tall headboard / footboard combo. Found this darling sleigh bed for a great price because the paint was chipping. Mike repainted it and ta-da! Good as new. And Faith loves it. It is her big bed and it really is big! She cannot get in and out of it herself.
I tried several different quilts and never felt satisfied until I landed on this one. I love the colors! It is so versitile with the greens, pinks, reds, yellows, and splashes of subtle blues.
We refinished this old dresser and it sits on one side of her bed. Next came the challenge. I only have about 28 inches on the other side of her bed to play with. Plus her bed is so tall that most nightstands look dwarfed next to it.
Finally the stars aligned this past weekend and I found this treasure.
Dark! (great for distressing!)
and close to 28 inches wide!
A dream come true.
And this is the color I am thinking . . . something along these lines . . .
So now that I found my treasure and know what color I want . . I want it done ASAP. I hope I can be patient. :)