2.18.2010

Custom Refinish

Before
Pictured above are the photos a client sent us to bid on a refinish.
Two dressers and a nighstand. I was not able to meet them when they came to pick up their pieces once they were completed but I could hear them. I was upstairs laying in bed fighting the flu. And was it ever a bad one! But despite my aching body a smile came to my face when I heard their response.

"Perfect, perfect!"

Just what we like to hear! I think that these were a great transformation. The top drawers with the different sections give it so much character. They requested light distressing and picked out their own hardware - the bronze cupped pulls and I think they turned out wonderfully.

After
And now I am on the mend but Mike is in bed fighting the flu bug. Did I mention it is a bad one. IT IS! ! !
And we are hoping and praying that our little one does not get it. That will be misery for all.

We have an antique dresser and our nightstand out in the garage that have both been painted white. I snuck out and distressed them today. I heavily distressed the older dresser and did a medium distress on our nightstand. Now they just need the final coat of polyurathane and they get to come back in the house. I am super super excited!

3 comments:

Ange said...

Sorry to hear the flu bug is doing the rounds.
What a great transformation on these pieces. No wonder the customer was very satisfied.
Angex

Lindsay Logic said...

You are so talented! I get so excited to see what you've done next!

BB said...

Looks great.. what is the brand and color of black paint you use? I have toyed with lots of black paint and always am undecided.. black is hard to photograph it shows every little flaw.. but you do really good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails