3.22.2011

The Cutler Dresser Set Part 1 - Custom Refinish Before & After

Don't forget to enter our
Our winner will be announced on Sunday March 27th!

Before One of our wonderful clients referred us to her sister-in-law who wanted to update her Broyhill dresser set and king size bed. I was excited to see the warmth of the dark wood and then was happy of course when she picked my favorite color - white! This stain pops so magically against the white.

After
The white finish gives it a nice clean crisp look. We updated the hardware with decorative knobs and the hood cup pulls.
I often hear from readers that they cannot believe the difference a coat of paint can make and I cannot agree with them more. It really converts a piece that you have had around a while into something brand new. It can change the look and feel to an entire room.
I am teasing you with the nightstands and will be posting both the long and tall dressers in the next couple of days.
They were debating on re-attaching the mirror to the long dresser or hanging it directly on the wall. Or perhaps it ended up in another room altogether. Dresser mirrors really are not just for dressers - they are so functional in many ways.

Stay close for the reveal of the rest of their set. We are also working on a long dresser, mirror, and nightstand for their sweet girls.

And speaking of girls we just finished a very huge dresser for our girls as well. I am so happy with the results! And the extra storage will be divine!

11 comments:

Jen said...

LOOOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

I just finished my nightstand, one more to go and then the dresser!! I'm so excited to get it all done!

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

I love these pieces with the bun feet. I often search "Broyhill" because of you and haven't found anything :) Looking forward to see the whole set reveal.

NanaDiana said...

Lovely little bedside tables! Love the new hardware. I have that same mirror but in a much more funky paint style. I should post it one day with a link to yours~Yours could be the "after"!;>) xxoo Diana

Chelsea said...

UPGRADE!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

they are sooo much better- i love that hardware! it makes such a difference!

CIELO said...

Would you share your painting techniques? How do you paint mirror frames without smearing the mirror (and I use tape yes!?) I have a hard time painting mirrors without making a mess.... ;) Wish you could share your secrets...

Cielo

michelle said...

Beautiful renew my friend. I can't wait to see it all together. The mirror is gorgeous as well, love the details.

Sommer said...

These are gorgeous! And I love the hardware you chose. They are shabby and contemporary all in one! Thanks for linking up to the VIP party today =)

Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

These are beautiful. I love white paint!
Found you via designer garden.

Anonymous said...

Saw you at All Things - loooove your tables, mirror - love that paint. Can't wait til the weather breaks here so I can get on some serious painting! Thanks for sharing!!!

Laura @ House Of Joyful Noise said...

Very nice job!! I have TWO furniture refinishing jobs going on right now, and one is a HUGE horizontal dresser, with a mirror. Refinishing furniture is a new thing for me. It's a lot of work, so I'm very grateful when hubby helps!! I do find it very exciting, working on these new pieces for my home. I hope mine come out as beautiful as yours! I'm learning the techniques as I go! I'll be blogging them soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails