5.06.2010

The Sawyer Buffet - Before & After

Dimensions:
60" Wide . 41" Tall . 21.75" Deep
BeforeAfter This is an old antique buffet that we were told was built in France in the late 1800s. It has some unique details and wonderful designs. We painted it in a dirty white and lightly distressed it to bring out those lovely lines and cuts.
I love the small columns that separate the doors and the drawers. And the sweet French knobs.
And oh the legs! Such intricate detail. From round and chunky to narrow grooves and back to boxed supports.
Look at the sweet wood detail between the legs and the body of the buffet.
The dangly pulls give it a special French flair.

If you like vintage you will
love
this!
It would be beautiful sitting behind a dining table and is a great place to store table runners, cloths, dishes, linens, and dinnerware.

Plus I love this little geraniums I picked up the other day for a great deal. I think the grey / silver pots add to their beauty.
And of course another thrift store picture. My little one carries this one all over the house and asks me who picked the basket of apples in the bottom left hand corner.

Mike has just about finished up a tall five drawer dresser that sits up on legs. We have a lovely nightstand that will go with it as well. It has been painted in our vintage white and will be available for purchase tomorrow.

Happy Thursday all!

11 comments:

Ange said...

What a lovely piece of furniture! You guys do such an incredible job.
Angex

Kendra Goodrich said...

Just stopping in from the blog hop. How beautiful, I bet you smile every time you look at it! I love your blog and am definitely following! Keep craftin'!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece! So funny, I have that picture along with its twin. Got them at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I've been contemplating what color to paint the frames. I like how yours looks! =)

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Love what you did with this. The piece had good bones but it was hard to see them in that boring brown. I'm glad you kept the hardware. It really is pretty and unique.
Pam

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I love the white. Now to just have the nerve to try it myself.
Dana

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Your buffet makeover is outstanding! thanks for showing it off at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS!

Blessings,
Linda

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Wow, what a difference! Love the new look of the buffet. Great job :)

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Gorgeous! The white really makes all those great details POP!

KimMalk said...

It looks so much prettier, nice job.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

I've said it a million times, but I'll never stop being amazed at what a difference paint makes. It's too cute.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Beautiful buffet and it is gorgeous in white. The hardware is stunning. Such a lovely vignette on top too. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Related Posts with Thumbnails