4.28.2010

Vintage White Headboard / Footboard - Custom Refinish

Before AfterThis is a custom refinish that we have had completed for a while but has been waiting for its post! This is a Broyhill twin bed that is going to a very special little girl. As you can see from the before picture is was in near perfect condition before we got it. Her mom is designing a room that fits this little girl's personality and flair and a white bed is just what she was looking for.
The headboard has great detail with the small posts on each side and the feminine crowning at the top. The slight distressing shows the warm finish just below the paint. I am anxious to see this little bed sitting in its completed room. It will all be beautiful! Thank you Jamie!

So I have to admit that sometimes my head is just in a dream world. What am I thinking sometimes? I saw this piano for sale and I immediately want it. It is broken in various places but it was practically free and old and beautiful to me. And on top of all that I do want my little one to take piano lessons some day - I know she is only two and a half but some day she will take piano lessons and just from this picture I want it to be from this old piano. We have met with our realtor and in the process of selling our townhome. Do you think I have room for this? Not in the least! Not even a little bit. And can you imagine moving this thing twice? Oh but I want it.

But not today. This one will not be mine. Despite all of the character and history staring at me.

I bid you farewell and hope that another family snatches you up fast (so I can quit figuring out how to have you) and that your keys will be touched and music played by another sweet little girl.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails