4.13.2010

Antique Rocking Chair - Custom Refinish

Before This is an old antique rocking chair with so many unique features. I have never seen a back shaped like his before plus it still has all of its original springs. The owner said it had been painted before and then stripped and all of the veneer on the back of the chair had been taken off. She requested new veneer and wanted to keep the springs so as not to take anything away from its old look and feel.

AfterI think old rocking chairs are so charming. And this one is no exception. I love the wood detail on the spindles. I think these old springs held by the original string are so interesting. I wish I was a seamstress and could have recovered her chair cushion! I will be interested to see the final result once that is done. I think that this chair has been restored to its original beauty and no harm was done to its authenticity. I hope the client is happy with the results. Enjoy!

2 comments:

KimMalk said...

It's going to look fabulous when it's 100%. You really got it looking great.

Debbie said...

Looks great so far...can't wait to see the finished product.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Related Posts with Thumbnails