12.26.2009

Nicole's Antique Spindle Sewing Machine

I mentioned just before Christmas that I was super excited about a refinish that I could not talk about yet but now I can! Mike refinished this antique spindle sewing machine for my sister-in-law Nicole who is an amazing quilter and seamstress.
Case in point - this is the black pettiskirt that she made for my little one. If you cannot tell . . .
she is really enjoying it!

This machine dates back to 1902! I would love to be able to look back in time and see the various people that used this and what types of garments or curtains or blankets they used it for. I know there are stories there I just don't know what they are.
Nicole can pull out the sewing machine and display on a cute bookshelf or an entry table or she can leave it in the cabinet and display it as a total piece. Mike polyurathaned the wood to protect it and cleaned up the little measuring tape sitting just below the machine so it would not start to peel up. Merry Christmas Nicole. We hope you enjoy this as much as we have enjoyed the quilts and skirts you have made our family!

1 comment:

Jill said...

So darling, I am jealous!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails