10.08.2011

Chandeliers and Sconces

Photobucket

We picked up these two chandeliers for a screaming deal. The one in front is a smaller than the one you see in the background. We kept the larger one to hang in our stairway and I have already posted a few pictures of it. The one in the front we have painted black for my mom to put up the ranch house over her dining table. I think it is going to look fabulous there.

Photobucket

Here is the one we painted in white and slightly distressed. This thing lights up the whole house on its very own. I am so happy we found it because it turned out just as I had hoped.

Photobucket

The sweet lady we purchased these from gave us these matching wall sconces as well. They are real brass and weigh a l o t! I hope our walls don't fall down once we get them mounted. We have painted these as well and once they are installed I will share the reveal.

Mike finished our fireplace mantel and it is in place and I am sitting by it right now and I am in love. Oh my it is a beauty! Once I get everything in place I will post the reveal as well.

As we have started and completed projects around our home I am so happy that we are making it all our own. Our new home is not big nor does it have every upgrade offered and that is okay. I think something that is always important to remember is that even small spaces can be amazing, clever, whimsical, and comfortable. We still have many things to complete and I have a list of furniture pieces that I am looking for but we are enjoying the journey one project at a time.

10 comments:

Angela said...

Your chandeliers are amazing, the size of the room doesn't mater, if my home was not rented, I would hang chandeliers even in my smallest room.
I can't wait to see your pictures when they are all hanging proud.
Hugs,
Angela.

Alison Agnew said...

good lighting
is the jewelry of any room
and these chandys that you found
are gorgeous in a coat of white

well done!

alison

Lindsay Logic said...

I love these chandeliers- the sconces are going to be gorgeous!

Nutbird said...

I guess I don't understand why people paint real brass. In forty years, all the young bloggers are going to blog about uncovering old chandeliers and stripping them. I can see painting the really cheap ones, but I cringed when I saw the beautiful sconces. I bought a co-op in New York thirty years ago. There was a dark brown metal 5 arm chandelier hanging in one of the rooms. It was really heavy and thick with no crystals. One of our neighbors was a famous antique dealer and said it was a Czechoslavian bronze piece. I stood on the bed and starting polishing one spot with simichrome. It turned into a beautiful brass color! We took it down and had it professionally polished. It was worth thousands of dollars. Then again, there was a beehive shaped crystal thing in the living room that I told them to take with them because I didn't like it. That was probably worth a lot too. Love the sconces. Ann

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Great finds! I love the white chandelier and love that the lady gave you the sconces too! I'm looking forward to seeing the post n them. Sure they'll look beautiful!

Congratulations on your new home. I completely agree--it's not how big or how new the house is, it's how it feels to you and those people who enter it.

Have a great week.
Pam

NanaDiana said...

Love the chandys...and I am anxious to see what you have done with the other one and the sconces...AND the fireplace! xo Diana

Frugal Jen said...

Beautiful!! I have the same 3 tiered chandy. However it's 20 feet up and I can't imagine taking it down to paint. Have you ever seen shades put on top? Just curious before I buy 24 shades. Trying to fix it up it's not in the budget to replace.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I understand why people paint real brass--because real brass isn't pretty! I love the chandelier and can't wait to see the sconces when you are done with them. I hope you don't feel bad about the above comment--when you get a good deal there is nothing to feel bad about if you want to paint them. I personally really hate brass.

The Painted Parlor said...

love that!! what a fabulous find!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Gorgeous Melanie!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails