4.04.2011

The Cutler Girls Dresser Set

Before We refinished the Cutler's king bedroom set and then they sent this cute dresser and nightstand set to us as well. They wanted it in our vintage white for their three beautiful girls. Who knew this old Broyhill set had so much character!!! And how it would finish so nicely with some feminine touches for a beautiful bedroom made for three girls!


After I have been oh so not happy with the lighting in my pictures recently. We are toying with some changes at The Frosted Gardner so we will soon see how everything shakes out. It could be interesting. But on with this cute dresser set. Once the white paint settled and a bit of distressing called out all of the details around the drawers and the door it turned into a whole new set! I think the delicate features with the glass knobs really accentuate the femininity which will compliment the slightly purple walls and the white beadboard that will be the backdrop for this set. The mirror that sits on top of the long dresser has great curves and inlays and a sweet embellishment crowning the top.
Oh the fun details!

Layers and layers of various elements!
The little girls were super excited when they saw the new hardware. The oldest kept saying "I love the glass knobs mom!"
I wish we could get a hold of more dressers just like this one. The refinish is so drastic and bringing pieces like this back to style and function are so rewarding!
We are getting started on two new long dressers that will be available to be purchased. Plus we are working on another fun giveaway this week!

Happy Monday!


31 comments:

Eileen said...

So charming!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks beautiful! the white paint really gave it some new life!

Connie the crafterbug said...

Oh wow,so much nicer!
Connie
http://thecrafterbug.blogspot.com/

The House Creative said...

Wow! Beautiful!

Alison Agnew said...

these pieces turned out beautifully...great job on the finishing!

blessings,

alison
stuff and nonsense

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

You find the best stuff! I love the details and the new knobs. Just beautiful!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

The whole set is just lovely!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

What a lovely set!

NanaDiana said...

Melanie- I love it- You can really see all the detail in the set now that it is painted! I love it...and I'm sure those girls do too! xxoo Diana

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

I'm so lovin' the distressed white furniture! You're inspiring me to give new life to my moms 40 yr. old dresser!! Thank You!

: D Lynda

Noble Vintage said...

gorgeous! Just loving the outcome on this. It's amazing how some of these pieces are really changed with paint. I'd love it if you wanted to link this to my Transformations and Treasures party on Wednesday~ have a great week.

All That Glitters said...

very pretty!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Fabulous job...my mom has that furniture! love what you've done with it! xoox, tracie

Annie said...

I love white furniture. You did a great job.

Stopping from House of Grace.

Allison said...

It's beautifully done in the white. Love all of the detail on these pieces and the glass knobs are perfect!

Valerie said...

Love the color, just the righ amount of distressing and the knobs! Oh how perfect the knobs are on the furniture!

babyjewels said...

I'm a new follower. I have been reading steadily for about 6months though. I love the blog because we are refinishing our own furniture and craigslist finds for sale (as hobbists) and I love the inspiration and info you share.

d e l i g h t said...

Hello, found your piece at Faded Charm just a few entries from mine, the White Chic and Sparkly. You did a great job on this piece and I look forward to enjoying more inspiration from you. I am your newest follower.
Linda

Jen T said...

What a pretty change! I love your work - JenT

Ido said...

Absolutely fantastic job! Found you on White Wednesday @ Faded Charm!
Have a lovely day!
XXX Ido

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Such a great refashion. Visiting from Show and Tell at Blue Cricket.
~Kimberlee
{$15 Amazon GC Giveaway} 

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Beautiful! great job

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

You did a great job! Love it.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love the pretty details!

Janet said...

This.Looks.Amazing!!!! WOW!!! :)


www.iheartmygluegun.com

Kate said...

Turned out fabulous! Thanks for linking FLaunt it Friday, I featuring this. :)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful job!

Jen
www.dishesandsocks.com

Miss Charming said...

I really love this style of furniture.

Kath said...

oh man! I love the white antique and the mirror looks fantastic! the knobs are beautiful too.

new follower!
kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the finish.

Rebecca said...

OH*EM*GEE! That is fabulous!!! Oh, it has much character, indeed!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Related Posts with Thumbnails