10.09.2010

The B.W. Screen - Custom Refinish Before & After

Before Brooke Walker is the host of Studio 5 and is one of our amazing clients who has been so wonderful to us and such a delight to work with. Her home is gorg-e-ous! She has such a great eye and her syle is classy elegent. She saw this room divider / screen at a local thrift store and knew exactly what she wanted to with it. She had an amazing vision and lugged this gazillion pound piece into our home.

After
She has a guest bedroom in her home with charming furniture that was her grandmother's. The dresser and nightstand is creamy with outlines of gold around the drawers. She has a huge gold picture frame hanging above the bed. I mean it is just amazing and beautiful and elegant and it too belonged to her grandmother! She has used colors of a deep deep yellow and blue in her bed quilt and knew that this screen would match perfectly in painted cream with a touch of gold! The details at the top are so feminine and hardly noticeable in the before picture. The gold trim gives it such an elegant polished finish.
While these were sitting in our home waiting to be completed I cannot tell you all of the makeover images that popped into my head! This thing is so functional!
I do not think I have seen a piece go from super masculine to delicate and feminine like this one! Brooke made us aware that one of the golfer sheets that were originally inserted match her grandfather's headstone. Is that not such a great story!


We got a text from Brooke last night letting us know that she couldn't be happier and that is exactly what we love to hear. I cannot wait to see her room complete once she finds her perfect chair to set close to this wall screen. This was such a great find and Brooke had such a great vision and it was fun to watch the transformation!


Happy Weekend!



I am linking to the parties on my sidebar.

29 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

this has got to be one of my faves of your pieces. i just love it!!! what a fun and unique piece to be able to work on, too. and how cool that it belongs to the host of studio 5! neat-o!

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

I love a great story behind such a great piece. How gratifying that your client loves what you accomplished for her. Another job well dond :)

kathie said...

What a COOL piece! I didn't even see the gold in the first pictures, it is so subtle but the perfect touch. Great job!

ChRiS said...

this is so beautiful and like you so many things could be done with this beautiful work

Liz said...

This is gorgeous!! Such a versatile piece, love!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

This piece turned out so cool - love it!

michelle said...

What a gorgeous screen!! You did another amazing job! The gold just sets it off perfectly! How cool is that about the golf picture, it was definitely meant to be!

Absolutely stunning!!

Jen said...

Do you think she'd share a picture of her room?? I'd LOOOVE to see it!!!!

The Boston Lady said...

I love this transformation! So much light and reflection - and versatility! Ann

Shaunna said...

Love this piece! Also love the mirrored images...that pop of color in those orange flowers! :) shaunna

Jenni said...

The screen is gorgeous! The difference from the before picture is almost unreal! I love the mirrors that were added, and how it was painted white! :)

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

Gorgeous, the difference is amazing! I love it! I'd love for you to link this up with our party and show it off. http://texasmonkey.blogspot.com/2010/10/all-about-you-monday-link-up.html

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Oh wow. Love this. When I saw you take it to shabby white I was thinking " cool" Then when I saw the mirrors I fell in love. :)
Pam @ becolorful

Leslie said...

Yep, that is super cool!

Stacy Risenmay said...

I love seeing before and afters! I saw this on somewhat simple. I love to refinish furniture too. I live in Utah as well and have a hard time finding old (quality) furniture to use. I don't know of any salvage yards or anything like that. Where are some of the places that you get your things? (If you don't mind me asking. . . )

Stacy @ Not JUST A Housewife

Chris said...

Once again, absolutely incredible! Your transformations are simply stunning. It's a brand new piece!

Gabrielle said...

Gorgeous! The gold and mirrors add a classy chic to the clean white. Love it!

Cassie Bustamante said...

melanie- thanks so much for sharing this piece at my party- you know i love it!!!

Henna @ AboutCabinets Blog said...

wow, its a beautiful thing, while its not exactly a piece of furniture, it is nothing less than that too, it has been polished and refurbished very nicely and looks like a part of room!!

About Southern Belle said...

what a beautiful transformation! just gorgeous.

http://beautifulnest.blogspot.com/

mle said...

Beautiful transformation & great story!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

This is awesome! I love the transformtion all painted in white, gorgeous!
Thanks for linking up :)

Rebecca said...

Super great piece-can't imagine someone getting rid of that-but luck was with her!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Gorgeous screen... love the transformation!!!
Daphne

Heaven's Walk said...

You breathed new life into that wonderful old piece, Melanie! Beautiful job as always! :)

xoxo laurie

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Fantastic redo and really, such a versatile piece, which I love. thanks for linking up!

Biljana said...

Great makeover, looks amazing, so beautiful, bravo:)))
Greetings from Europe, Biljana

abeachcottage said...

Wow! Love the transformation and love what you've done. Great job. The screen looks gorgeous!

Megan said...

so much better than the golfers!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails