8.05.2010

Another Fab Painting


I do not know what it is about old paintings but I just cannot get enough of them. Especially when I find them for less than the cost of a movie seat!
This painting is from 1939 and nothing about it is going to be changed. Not one - I - o - ta! I cannot get enough of this frame. All of the detail with some gold peaking around the edges are just unforgettable.

It is rather large and is sitting here waiting to be put on the perfect wall. And now I just have to find it. I have a few places in mind - maybe going down the stairs or in a small hallway leading to my little one's room. Can I just tell you how much I hate our gold door knobs! Ugghhh. But the house is up for sale and I really struggle with making any of those changes that we cannot take with us. I am sure alot of you know - but selling a house is for the birds! It is not f - u - n in anyway.
This is a picture I took while sitting in an old rocking chair that I took from my grandmother's house when she moved. I love her rocking chair and I love sitting in it. And I love looking at my new "old" artwork I found last Saturday. Have I mentioned how much I love the frame? hehe

Also - do you see the hook board leaning against the couch. I have a story to tell about it as well. Coming soon . . . .

7 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Great picture! Good luck selling your home. Love & blessings from NC!

michelle said...

Beautiful picture Melanie! My grandparents had an old picture that, as a child, I was so drawn too. It was of a river and mountains in the background. Maybe it was because it was so peaceful looking. Good luck with the house selling and you are right, no fun at all!! Have a great weekend!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Wow, what a beautiful painting. I haven't found any as pretty as that one! Looks really good with the chair. Are you like me, I sit and stare at the things I buy or make just smiling when I am happy with them???

Unknown said...

I love pictures like that too. Congrats on the feature at Perfectly Imperfect as well!

Katie Bell said...

I have a wall.....

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Your post is wonderful!
I am signing up to follow!
Have a good afternoon!
Leticia

Nutbird said...

I use Windor Newton Oil Paint cleaner to clean off my many, many vintage ebay paintings. It really makes a difference and restores a lot of the original charm and color. Sometimes a wet paper towel is enough. Williamstown Furniture restorer is a good product that takes off the dirt of bare wood, and brings back its vitality. This does the job of a stripper without hurting the finish. I love, love this painting. Ann

Related Posts with Thumbnails