4.02.2010

The J&H Anderson Chairs - Before & After Custom Refinish

We have a wonderful client who purchased part of the Braylin bed set and then brought us these chairs to refinish. She dropped off dining chairs that she guessed were over 100 years old as well as the chair shown just below.

Before
After She requested the robin egg blue refinish and I think it turned out beautifully. In fact, I want one. Surprise, huh! I am not sure quite sure how she is going to use this chair but I really don't think that it matters because it will look charming however she chooses! Chairs are such a great way to accessorize. They can be placed next to beds and hold stacked blankets or books or a glass vase with fresh flowers!

I have an old chippy painted white chair from my great grandmother. I will post about that soon!

Before
These chairs she believes are over 100 years old. They really are in great shape to withstand time like that! She went ahead and pulled off the seats herself and just had us paint the frame. She purchased a new white table and wanted these done in the classic black for her new home.

After
I think they are amazing! I would love to post on these chairs once they have their seats installed and they are complete. I think the framework is so classic with the vertical lines extending up the back.

I believe these will look so sharp and clean next to her new table.
Thank you Andersons! I hope you and your family enjoy these chairs and your new home!

Up next is another white bedroom set. It includes two nightstands and one large nine drawer dresser. It is similiar to the Braylin set from which we had great feedback!

We also have a dirty white / gray hutch coming up! I am really excited about this one!

Hurray! It is Friday!
And Good Friday at that!
I hope it is an enjoyable one for everyone.

I linked to:

My Repurposed Life

21 comments:

Ange said...

I'd love to see those black chairs once they're completed too. They'll look great around a white table.
You have the best job in the world!
Angex

Lindsay Logic said...

I LOVE those chairs. The blue ones would make great photo props, too! Very cute!

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

OOO I love that aqua chair!!

Atticmag said...

Sounds like you love the work you're doing for this client and the results are certainly great. Right on. Jane F.

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hello, I love, love, love the blue chairs, I see that color so much lately. I'm going to have to pick up some paint and do a few things with it. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugz,
Kim

Shaunna said...

Great job! I also refinish furniture, so of course, I love furniture transformations! Look forward to reading through your blog. -shaunna :)

carolyn said...

All the chairs are great, but I really like that robin's egg blue. Nothing like a classic black though.

Brook said...

I have a chair just like the black ones. It used to have a cane seat we removed. Now we just need to complete it. When Glidden was giving away free quarts of paint once, I ordered orange paint. Now I'm not sure that I want to use it on this lovely chair. :)

Rockin Momma said...

I'm a new Monday Follower! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=3361 and sign up for my newest giveaway!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

These have all turned out gorgeous! What amazing transformations. I love the aqua! Thanks so much for stopping by and joining the Sunay Showcase Party. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

raggygirlvintage said...

They turned out great, amazing what a little paint can do! Love that blue...
Tracey

Chrissy said...

Love the blue chair! Make me tempted to paint my white chairs blue!

Unknown said...

Excellent job!! Thanks so much for sharing @ Anything Related!

Heather said...

I believe those chairs you painted black probably are around 100 yrs old. They look exactly like the chairs that my mom got from my great grandmother's dining room set. When I saw them I knew they looked familiar and it actually took me a minute to place them! Great work!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love, love, love chairs! The first one is cute, but I really love how you did the black ones. They look perfect! I'm not good with distressing, so I am very envious of those chairs!
great job. thanks for linking up and linking back!
gail
ps have a great weekend!

Mary said...

Really awesome finish! These will look wonderful with a white table. nice job!

A Vintage Vine said...

Love the blue chair and the black ones are great too!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love the black AND the blue! Great classic chairs!
Thanks for linking up to VIF!
hugs,
Debra

Katherine said...

Ooh, they turned out great! I love the robin's egg blue. I'm visiting from MMM.
I did a few chair projects this week, if you'd like to check them out:

http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/2011/02/pink-on-pink-glazed-rocker.html

http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/2011/02/ice-cream-parlor-chair.html

Megan said...

I love the blue chair. I love to use chairs as nightstands.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Those chairs are almost an exact match for our dining room chairs that we got from a second hand store about 15 years ago, our chairs, we have 6, but they had about 20 were originally from a nunnery and have some sort of numbering system on them
at the back where the seat goes in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails