3.05.2010

The Paige Dresser

Dimensions:
72" Wide . 31" Tall . 20: Deep
It may be surprising but there is quite a bit of planning that goes into refinishing a piece. Paint color? Distressing? Glaze? Hardware new or original?

And there are times when you complete a piece and step back and say "Yep, we nailed it". And that is how I feel about this piece.
We painted it white and glazed the detail in a chocolate brown and added new hardware to accent the glaze. There are so many delicate features on this dresser that make it really unique. I love the special design of the inlays on the both the doors and the drawers. We have recently done so many dressers sitting up on legs that I have forgetten how much I like the chunky look as well. It is hard for your eyes not to be drawn to the intricate molding on the bottom. It provides so much character and authenticity. And the special wood work detail on the edges of the dresser once again give it a unique vintage feel. This really is a one of a kind. And honestly I am having a hard time letting this one go. White distressed or glazed pieces are my favorite and I am wishing I had a place for this one because of its uniqueness. I wish I had another bedroom in my home to furnish because this one would be heading right up there. Take note of the fading picture on the dresser. These are my maternal great grandparents. Joseph and Hannah. They had ten children of which numbers eight and nine were twins and each weighed over eight pounds. One of which was my grandmother! I wish I had had the chance to know them. I only know the things that my grandmother told me but she adored her mom. You could see it on her face when she told us grandkids about her.

Up and coming is a queen sleigh bed. It is a huge solid piece! Check back!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Love Love Love it! And I love the name! lol... I also love the pics of Grandma and Granpa, I need a copy of that, I don't think I have seen that one before.. Love you.

Lindsay Logic said...

I painting a built-in bookcase in my home similar to this. I'm with you- love the antiqued white! So cute!

Lindsay Logic said...

Oops...I meant "I'm" ;)

Chelsea said...

Such beautiful detail!

DustyLu said...

Great piece. Looks beautiful..~lulu

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Your work is beautiful. Nothing makes me happier then refinishing a beautiful piece of furniture - unless it's quilting, decorating, designing, grandchildren, sewing.

Well, I love it all. I'll be checking back. I'm in South Jordan.

come visit
cindy@stitches

Related Posts with Thumbnails