1.15.2010

Custom Refinish - Before & After

This past week I have been going on and on about a wall unit that Mike has been working on and it is finally complete! And it turned out spectacular! You be the judge. And I would love to hear from some of you . . . leave me a comment!

Before

This came to us in four pieces. We painted it black, distressed it and added new hardware to closely match the desk it would be sitting behind. It had the beadboard style backing which I always love! It gives so much depth and detail.

After

I love these two different main pieces. One has a door and one consists of shelves only. The door has a moon shape at the top and wood detail on the glass. The bottom pieces have doors with shelves for tons and tons of storage which everyone knows is never a bad thing.

I think this unit really compliments the desk and looks like it has been a set all along. We got a call from the client on our way home telling us they are in love with their new home office. I think it turned out beautifully. I would certainly love to have one of these in my home!

Check back on our new dresser that should be available tomorrow!
I linked to:

15 comments:

A Close Family said...

Where in the world did you find these? I would LOVE something like this in our family room.

A Close Family said...

One more thing...how much do you charge to do a project like this for someone? If I found a piece of furniture that I wanted redone, would you pay per hour? Thanks! You can email me at kelliebleak@hotmail.com

TidyMom said...

Stunning! Fabulous job!
Thanks for sharing and linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Have a GREAT weekend!

Crystal said...

That's amazing!! Hard to believe they're the same pieces. You did a fab job!

Kathy said...

This is beautiful! I love it! I tend to go dark lately too.
Visiting via I'm Lovin It!
God Bless,
Kathy

Haverford House said...

This is amazing how black paint makes it look entirely different! Love how it turned out! You must be very pleased too! ~Marcy

Victoria said...

That looks really great and definitely matches the desk!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

WOW!!! Perfection!!!

shaleza said...

You do beautiful work!

Lady Farmer said...

Looks terrific with the desk!
Great Job!

The Blackwood Cottage said...

Fabulous, for real....just fabulous!!!
Machelle

House and Garden Boutique said...

The cabinet looks fantastic......love the black color. What a difference it made in the look. Hope you can stop by our blog too. Have a great Monday!

Mary said...

Wow, love it!!!

Jacqueline said...

So much classier in black. It looks so expensive and if I were the client I would be thrilled. Gorgeous redo. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Carol said...

Hi,
Stopping by here from Southern Hospitality. :) What a gorgeous piece of furniture! You painted it so beautifully.

Carol

Related Posts with Thumbnails